"Ogden Lutheran church welcomes a new 'pastor'"
"'Pastor' DanaLee Simon was just officially installed as pastor this month"
Bullets [Simon says]:
- "A newlywed living in Salt Lake City, ... Simon's husband ... is a Catholic.... The two met on an airplane. He was coming home to Salt Lake City and she was headed to the area on a layover. 'It's definitely been a fun story to tell,' Simon said."
[I'll bet! Gotta love those layovers.]
- "The two had both a Catholic priest and a Lutheran minister presiding at their wedding. 'Catholics and Lutherans are pretty close,' Simon said."
[Especially on a layover.]
- "When she became engaged, she knew she wanted to live in the area. It was soon after that when she found the job opening at Elim. 'It just fell into place pretty organically,' she said. 'Elim was ready to have a pastor just dedicated to them.'"
[And I was just, like, totally tubular, man.]
- "Two successes Simon reported were the church''s vacation Bible school and an **energy efficiency project.**"
[Ah, the sweet success of sharing body heat with those Catholics.]"
- "'We're also addressing a lot of talk about global warming.'"
[Of course, those layovers generate a lot of heat.]
- "Simon said she appreciates [Elim's] tradition of prayer 'It's something the members do better than at any other church I've been to,' she said. 'Prayer is a great starting point. We ask God to be with us in everything we do.'"
[And we juswanna pray you cease calling yourselves Lutheran.]