Sunday, January 12, 2014

"I Must Be in My Father's House"

Have you ever been angry with God? Be honest. There is no hiding from the fact that you have. You’re a sinner right? If you’re still unconvinced, look at the cross. Look at the crown of thorns. Remember the angry mob shouting, “Crucify Him....” You and I are just as responsible as they. We too have our anger issues with God.

When we hear the Father’s voice boom from heaven at Jesus’ Baptism, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased,” it is because he wants us to know that this Jesus is fulfilling the promise that He has born of the Father since before the foundations of the world—to bear His holy, righteous wrath, and even our sinful, self-righteous wrath upon Himself.

To hear and/or read the entire sermon preached
at Trinity Lutheran Church of Layton, UT [www.trinitylayton.org] for the First Sunday after Epiphany and the Baptism of Our Lord, "I Must Be in My Father's House," click on this link. http://lcmssermons.com/index.php?sn=3635

No comments: